We actively work to raise funds for the groups development.
The money we raise goes towards items including:
- Maintenance and purchase of equipment such as boats and tents
- Training for our young people and leaders including sailing qualifications
- Maintenance of our building
Our current activities
- Aviva Community Fund – The Aviva Community Fund offers you the chance each year to get funding for an important cause in your community.
Open to everyone – Aviva customers, employees, insurance brokers or financial advisers (whether associated with Aviva or not) and the general public – we want you to enter a project for your community and tell us what a difference these much-needed funds could make.
Get enough votes from friends, family and supporters in your community and your project could be entered into the Finals, where a judging panel will award the funds.1st Swindon have applied to the Aviva Community Fund 2016 and voting is now open!
Please support 1st Swindon and their application to renew their camping equipment by clicking on the link below, registering your e mail and voting.
Everyone who registers has 10 votes to use on one or more proposals.
Voting closes on the 18th November so please get your votes in!
- Metal recycling – Bring your unwanted metal to The Wick where we take them for recycling and earn money
- Scouts Christmas post – Annual event in the Swindon area where members of the public buy stamps for Christmas cards and we sort and
- Grants and donations – We apply for these as they become available and appropriate
- Charity car wash – We are looking forward to our next activity which will be a charity car wash supported by Swindon Mitsubishi. Details of this event and others will be placed on the web site.